10 Week Marine Conservation and Ecology Course
Who is this course for?
- Anyone interested in learning more about the marine environment
- Anyone interested in becoming a guide in the marine environment
- Anyone working in Marine Protected Areas and want to learn more about the marine environment
- Anyone working in the guiding/tourism industry interested in expanding their knowledge of the marine environment
- Anyone planning to or is currently completing an ecology, conservation or environmental sciences qualification
What can I expect to to learn and do?
- Learn about Marine Ecology.
- Learn about various marine ecosystems, including sandy shores, rocky shores and estuarine ecosystems
- Complete a Boat Based Whale Watching Certificate
- Go on a Boat Based Whale Watching excursion
- Discover the underwater world of the rocky shores through snorkelling
- Complete and Open Water SCUBA diver's course
- Complete a shark specialisation course
- Discover the estuaries on a canoe
- Walks along the shores and coastline.
You receive a certificate of participation, that lists the modules and techniques learnt during the course.
We are able to arrange for FGASA assessments for those interested in gaining the Marine Guiding Qualification
What does it cost?
Cost: R 70 000
- 20 April - 26 June 2020
- 7 September - 6 November 2020